I am eagerly anticipating President Obama’s inauguration and inaugural address. In these turbulent times, he has achieved unprecedented approval ratings - largely the result of speeches that he writes himself. I think it's safe to say that he has much to teach executives about leading in difficult times. Among the lessons:
- Have a Vision - Remain focused on what is possible and what you seek to achieve.
- Remain Strategic - Don’t get caught in the weeds. Look for opportunities hidden in the turbulence.
- Reassure - Remind employees that they’ve made it through tough times before.
- Inspire - Focus on peoples’ abilities to make a difference.
- Unite - Remind staff of the incredible power of many acting as one.
I’m honored to be chosen to be PINK Magazine’s expert blogger on networking. I invite you to check out my posts here.